- A private guided tour to the Fontanellato castle
- Getting lost through a bamboo labyrinth
- A private tour to an art collection
A full-day art tour discovering the small village of Fontanellato, famous for its Castle surrounded by a moat and the nearby bamboo Labyrinth which houses a rich art collection
You will meet your local, private and licensed tour guide in Parma. Transfer to Fontanellato by private car/minivan. A guided visit to the cute historical centre, which preserves an imposing castle, among its monuments of interest, placed in the middle of the main square, which has been the residence of the noble Sanvitale family for six centuries. The building is rich in pieces of furniture and works of art, such as the “Room of Diana and Actaeon”, frescoed by the mannerist painter Francesco Mazzola, nicknamed Parmigianino.
Time at your leisure for lunch. In the afternoon transfer to the Labyrinth-Museum owned by Franco Maria Ricci, a well-known Italian editor and graphic designer, who exploited 200,000 bamboo plants in order to create a breathtaking route, where you will “get lost”. At the end of that unusual experience, fully immersed in nature, a guided tour over 5 centuries of art history, which reflects the above collector’s taste. Back to Parma by private car/minivan.
The meeting point with the tourist guide or the private driver will usually take place in the lobby of the Client’s hotel if it is in THE HISTORICAL CENTRE OF THE CITY WHERE THE TOUR STARTS. Please, let us know the name of your hotel.
In case the Client’s accommodation is distant from the historical centers or if you come from other departure places, different meeting points will be communicated after the confirmation of the tour.
In case of cancellation of the reservation made by the buyer on the site, Travel-Lab/BookYourItaly will apply the following terms:
• Up to 21 working days prior to the start of the activity: full refund of the service paid by the buyer;
• From 20 to 10 working days prior to the start of the activity: 50% refund of the price paid;
• From 9 to 0 days prior to the beginning of the activity or non-use by the buyer of the service: no refund.
For counting the days the following rules apply:
• The day of the activity is not counted;
• The days begin at 00.00 and end at 24.00 hours in the time zone in force in Italy (GMT +1).
The reimbursement by Travel-Lab/BookYourItaly will be made within 30 working days by crediting the credit card used.
Moreover information about terms and conditions