- A private guided tour to the Borromean Isles
- The rich art collection kept in the Palace on Isola Bella
- The beauty of the botanical garden on Isola Madre
- Amazing natural landscapes
The Borromean Isles are worlwide known as its jewels if you are visiting Lake Maggiore!
The powerful family, who is still their owner , played a very important role over the centuries
and today millions of tourists are allowed to enter its sumptuous palaces, rich in works of art, and their gardens, so important for their botanical features!
Meeting with a licensed tourist guide at Stresa, “the pearl of Lake Maggiore”, or at Baveno. A pleasant cruise on Lake Maggiore by public taxi boat to enjoy the panoramic view of the Borromean Gulf and of its jewels. First stop at Isola Madre, in order to enjoy a guided visit to the largest island, fully covered with a botanic garden, rich in rare plants and exotic flowers where peacocks, parrots and pheasants live. Dock on Isola dei Pescatori (Fishermen’s Island) and time for a pleasant walk along its narrow lanes, discovering cute corners and shops. Individual lunch.
Dock on Isola Bella (Beautiful Island), the best-known among the Islands of the Borromean Gulf. Between XVI and XVII century Charles III Borromeo dedicated himself to build a Baroque style palace and named the island Isabella, in honour of his wife, Isabella D’Adda. His son Vitaliano VI created the wonderful garden in baroque style with its ten blooming terraced gardens enriched with basins, fountains, water sprays architectural perspectives and a multitude of statues . Back to Stresa or Baveno by public taxi-boat.
Meeting point: the meeting point with the tourist guide or the private driver will usually take place in the lobby of the Client’s hotel if it is in THE HISTORICAL CENTRE OF THE CITY WHERE THE TOUR STARTS. Please, let us know the name of your hotel.
In case the Client’s accommodation is distant from the historical centers or if you come from other departure places, different meeting points will be communicated after the confirmation of the tour.
On demand: transfer to-from other cities by car/minivan; different number of participants (from 1 to 10 or more).
In case of cancellation of the reservation made by the buyer on the site, Travel-Lab/BookYourItaly will apply the following terms:
• Up to 21 working days prior to the start of the activity: full refund of the service paid by the buyer;
• From 20 to 10 working days prior to the start of the activity: 50% refund of the price paid;
• From 9 to 0 days prior to the beginning of the activity or non-use by the buyer of the service: no refund.
For counting the days the following rules apply:
• The day of the activity is not counted;
• The days begin at 00.00 and end at 24.00 hours in the time zone in force in Italy (GMT +1).
The reimbursement by Travel-Lab/BookYourItaly will be made within 30 working days by crediting the credit card used.
Moreover information about terms and conditions