- An amazing food-tour in Florence
- A private licensed tour guide at disposal
- Wine gastronomical tastings based on local products
Florence, as the birthplace of the Renaissance, is worldwide known for its foodie excellences! Explore its historical centre getting in touch with its traditions of wine selling at one’s home and enjoying some halts to taste some local products!
Meeting with a private licensed tour guide for an original tour built around some city historical and traditional shops as well as San Lorenzo’s food market, where it is still possible to breathe and live an authentic Florentine food experience. The tour will include a sort of treasure hunt aimed to search the so-called “buchette del vino”, i.e. small arched windows where, long time ago, people could easily buy a glass or a flask of wine. You will have the occasion to learn about some ancient Florentine families who had ordered to carve them in the façades of their palaces.
All those “spots” of history, art and culture will be alternated with some special tastings: a glass of Chianti red wine with the typical Italian Bruschetta, a thick slice of bread seasoned with some drops of 100% Tuscan extra virgin olive oil, local salami (Lampredotto), ham and cheese, a take-away warm “Pappa al Pomodoro” or Ribollita soup and some typical Cantuccini biscuits to dip into Vin Santo sweet wine!
Meeting point: the meeting point with the tourist guide or the private driver will usually take place in the lobby of the Client’s hotel if it is in THE HISTORICAL CENTRE OF THE CITY WHERE THE TOUR STARTS. Please, let us know the name of your hotel.
In case the Client’s accommodation is distant from the historical centers or if you come from other departure places, different meeting points will be communicated after the confirmation of the tour.
On demand: transfer to-from other cities by car/minivan; different number of participants (from 1 to 10 or more); special services for disabled tourists.
Intolerances or allergies must be communicated on your booking.
In case of cancellation of the reservation made by the buyer on the site, Travel-Lab/BookYourItaly will apply the following terms:
• Up to 21 working days prior to the start of the activity: full refund of the service paid by the buyer;
• From 20 to 10 working days prior to the start of the activity: 50% refund of the price paid;
• From 9 to 0 days prior to the beginning of the activity or non-use by the buyer of the service: no refund.
For counting the days the following rules apply:
• The day of the activity is not counted;
• The days begin at 00.00 and end at 24.00 hours in the time zone in force in Italy (GMT +1).
The reimbursement by Travel-Lab/BookYourItaly will be made within 30 working days by crediting the credit card used.
Moreover information about terms and conditions