- A private walking guided tour in Parma
- Giuseppe Verdi and Arturo Toscanini
- A visit to Farnese theater and Teatro Regio
Parma is well-known for its artistic and cultural heritage referring to Italian opera and classical music, thanks to Giuseppe Verdi and Arturo Toscanini. A complete tour that will let you discover the landmarks hidden in the ancient city core
Meeting with a licensed tour guide in Parma for a visit to Arturo Toscanini’s birth house, placed in the so-called “Oltretorrente” area (beyond the Parma stream). A pleasant walk through the Ducal Park, the public gardens rich in ancient trees and statues. Visit to Farnese theatre, a wooden baroque-style building, built by order of Ranuccio I, Duke of Parma and Piacenza, in 1618. The tour will continue towards Teatro Regio, the opera house inaugurated in 1829, and you will extraordinarily be allowed to visit its backstage.
Time at your leisure for individual lunch. In the afternoon guided visit to the Cathedral and the adjacent Baptistery rich in priceless works of art, and then on to the Music Academy in order to visit the Opera Museum and on to the technological Sound Academy, which has its headquarters in the former Saint Elizabeth’s Church.
The meeting point with the tourist guide or the private driver will usually take place in the lobby of the Client’s hotel if it is in THE HISTORICAL CENTRE OF THE CITY WHERE THE TOUR STARTS. Please, let us know the name of your hotel.
In case the Client’s accommodation is distant from the historical centers or if you come from other departure places, different meeting points will be communicated after the confirmation of the tour.
Intolerances or allergies must be communicated on your booking.
In case of cancellation of the reservation made by the buyer on the site, Travel-Lab/BookYourItaly will apply the following terms:
• Up to 21 working days prior to the start of the activity: full refund of the service paid by the buyer;
• From 20 to 10 working days prior to the start of the activity: 50% refund of the price paid;
• From 9 to 0 days prior to the beginning of the activity or non-use by the buyer of the service: no refund.
For counting the days the following rules apply:
• The day of the activity is not counted;
• The days begin at 00.00 and end at 24.00 hours in the time zone in force in Italy (GMT +1).
The reimbursement by Travel-Lab/BookYourItaly will be made within 30 working days by crediting the credit card used.
Moreover information about terms and conditions