- A private guided walking tour in Bologna
- A brief private concert made by a violin maker
- A fresh pasta show cooking
- A tasting of tortellini and Lasagne alla Bolognese with local wine
- Local Arts & Crafts
- A cozy atmosphere
Thanks to that original half-day tour, you will discover the manufacturing activity of the city: Bologna is well-known for music; that’s why you will have the unique chance to visit a workshop of a violin maker.
But it is also famous for its cuisine; that’s why you will enjoy a fresh past show cooking and a special tasting at a typicl “sfoglina”. A visit to a blacksmith’s workshop and at an atelier of embroiderers will be included in the tour
Meeting with a private licensed tour guide in Bologna that will give you a survey of the manufacturing activity of the city and the importance of the trade guilds in its history and economy. Visit to the workshop of a luthier who will show you the ancient technique of violin making, i.e.the construction of bowed instruments. He might entertain you with a short violin performance, reminding you that Bologna is a Unesco creative city of music. The tour will include a stop at a historic “sfoglina” (pasta-maker) activity with a short show cooking based on the making of fresh pasta (lasagna and tortellini) and a small tasting combined with a glass of wine. The last two stops will be at a blacksmith’s workshop (with the fire out for safety reasons) and, passing through Orefici St. and the other alleys of the medieval market, where local food and wine specialties are still exhibited, at the atelier of Aemilia Ars with some embroiderers who are making wonderful laces based on XVI century designs still today and with the famous “stitch in the air”.
The meeting point with the tourist guide or the private driver will usually take place in the lobby of the Client’s hotel if it is in THE HISTORICAL CENTRE OF THE CITY WHERE THE TOUR STARTS. Please, let us know the name of your hotel.
In case the Client’s accommodation is distant from the historical centers or if you come from other departure places, different meeting points will be communicated after the confirmation of the tour.
Allergies or intolerances must be communicated on your reservation.
Comfortable shoes are recommended.
In case of cancellation of the reservation made by the buyer on the site, Travel-Lab/BookYourItaly will apply the following terms:
• Up to 21 working days prior to the start of the activity: full refund of the service paid by the buyer;
• From 20 to 10 working days prior to the start of the activity: 50% refund of the price paid;
• From 9 to 0 days prior to the beginning of the activity or non-use by the buyer of the service: no refund.
For counting the days the following rules apply:
• The day of the activity is not counted;
• The days begin at 00.00 and end at 24.00 hours in the time zone in force in Italy (GMT +1).
The reimbursement by Travel-Lab/BookYourItaly will be made within 30 working days by crediting the credit card used.
Moreover information about terms and conditions