- A private guided tour to Villa Taranto
- The wonderful variety of plants and flowers
- Amazing natural landscapes
- A private cruise by taxi-boat
Lake Maggiore became one of the main destinations during the so-called “XIX-century Grand Tour” for its mild climate and its luxuriant nature; that’s why a Scottish explorer fell in love with the peninsula of Verbania and he decided to transform it into a huge park, subdivided into several different sectors.
Meeting with a private licensed tourist guide at Stresa or Baveno. Transfer by to Verbania private taxi-boat. A walking guided tour to Villa Taranto for its botanic gardens, which cover an area of about 18 hectares on the promontory of Castagnola. They were projected by Neil McEacharn, a Scotsman captain, between 1931-1940. You will wander through the English landscaped gardens filled with exotic plants and rare species. The gardens are famous for their huge rhododendrons but they are laid out with plants of interest for all seasons of the year.
Back to Stresa or Baveno by private taxi-boat.
Meeting point: the meeting point with the tourist guide or the private driver will usually take place in the lobby of the Client’s hotel if it is in THE HISTORICAL CENTRE OF THE CITY WHERE THE TOUR STARTS. Please, let us know the name of your hotel.
In case the Client’s accommodation is distant from the historical centers or if you come from other departure places, different meeting points will be communicated after the confirmation of the tour.
On demand: transfer to-from other cities by car/minivan; different number of participants (from 1 to 10 or more).
In case of cancellation of the reservation made by the buyer on the site, Travel-Lab/BookYourItaly will apply the following terms:
• Up to 21 working days prior to the start of the activity: full refund of the service paid by the buyer;
• From 20 to 10 working days prior to the start of the activity: 50% refund of the price paid;
• From 9 to 0 days prior to the beginning of the activity or non-use by the buyer of the service: no refund.
For counting the days the following rules apply:
• The day of the activity is not counted;
• The days begin at 00.00 and end at 24.00 hours in the time zone in force in Italy (GMT +1).
The reimbursement by Travel-Lab/BookYourItaly will be made within 30 working days by crediting the credit card used.
Moreover information about terms and conditions