- A private guided tour to the so called “Museo del Culatello”
- A private cooking class based on fresh pasta
- A visit to a Culatello cellar
- A Culatello tasting
- The real “black pig” used for the original Parma ham
- A tasty lunch
Parma is synonymous of taste; if you are fond of food and culinary traditions, this is the perfect private gourmet tour for you!
Walking and smelling the awesomeness of ancient cellars with thousands of Culatelli to get inspired learning the local art of rolling pin (mattarello) to make fresh pasta…
And of course to taste both!
You will meet your local, private and licensed tour guide in Parma.
Transfer, by private car/minivan, to Polesine Parmense, a small village on the Po riverbanks, well-known for its castle, belonged to the powerful Pallavicino family.
Here you will enjoy a private cooking class, during which you will learn the art of making typical Emilian fresh pasta (tortelli and tagliatelle), from the very beginning of mixing flour, under the supervision of a private chef.
Lunch with a typical Emilian starter (Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, Culatello, Parma ham and salami), followed by the first courses prepared by yourself, wine, water and coffee.
In the afternoon visit to the old cellars for the seasoning of Culatello and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Then on to the new museum dedicated to the art of butchers.
Back to Parma.
The meeting point with the tourist guide or the private driver will usually take place in the lobby of the Client’s hotel if it is in THE HISTORICAL CENTRE OF THE CITY WHERE THE TOUR STARTS. Please, let us know the name of your hotel.
In case the Client’s accommodation is distant from the historical centers or if you come from other departure places, different meeting points will be communicated after the confirmation of the tour.
Allergies / intolerances must be communicated on your reservation.
In case of cancellation of the reservation made by the buyer on the site, Travel-Lab/BookYourItaly will apply the following terms:
• Up to 21 working days prior to the start of the activity: full refund of the service paid by the buyer;
• From 20 to 10 working days prior to the start of the activity: 50% refund of the price paid;
• From 9 to 0 days prior to the beginning of the activity or non-use by the buyer of the service: no refund.
For counting the days the following rules apply:
• The day of the activity is not counted;
• The days begin at 00.00 and end at 24.00 hours in the time zone in force in Italy (GMT +1).
The reimbursement by Travel-Lab/BookYourItaly will be made within 30 working days by crediting the credit card used.
Moreover information about terms and conditions